Wall Paint Ideas to Create Perfect Home Wall Decor
To find wall paint ideas, is better we learn first the knowledge about wall paints. Now, various types of wall paint are available on the market, designed to meet all the needs of home decorators. From paint to cover the entire surface with a single layer, until the paint that creates special effects.
The Types of Wall Paint
Most types of wall paint can be categorized as follows:
- Watercolor dries quickly without a strong smell of paint thinner. Which included this type are: emulsion, diluent, and water-based gloss.
- Oil paint dries longer, but it creates a more assertive colors. Which included this type are: eggshell paint (eggshell), glossy, and enamel.
- Aerosol sprays are generally used for metal objects (such as room heaters) or large-sized stencil design. The color can be metallic or non-metallic.
- The organic paints is thinner free and other objects hazardous chemicals. This paint type is environmentally friendly and make the walls “breathe”.
The labels on the cans will inform you whether the paint is watercolor base or oil paint base. Also listed on the label information about the suggestion of paint use, and most importantly, the power coats. Remember that watercolor can not cover oil paint. It is better to consider the type of paint to be used, because it has to be in sync with wall decorations. By knowing the different types of wall paint, then we will get wall paint ideas that accordance with the home decor.
How to Choose the Best Paint Finish for Wall Coverings
After we know the type of wall paint that will be used, the next step is to find wall paint ideas for finishing. Best paint finish it depends on the theme of your home decor and every room of the house has its own needs. There are several types of paint finish is available in the market which you can choose.
- Matte paint finish, matte emulsion have an attractive appearance. Sometimes the emulsion looks like the surface of chalk. Oil paint is “flat”, was chosen to give the impression of “old” in the wood.
- Semi-gloss paint finish, semi-gloss emulsion can be cleaned with a sponge. Semi-gloss paints oil based, called “satinwood or” satin sheen “, has a softer appearance than gloss.
- High gloss paint finish generally used for wood and metal surfaces are solid and washable. You can also buy metallic emulsion to the surface of the walls and ceilings. The reflection of light will clarify the “the fault” on every surface.
- Eggshell paint finish usually used for wood objects. This paint type used by an expert professional paint finish, as a base for a paint technique that combines the gloss. Eggshell paint finish have a smooth gloss, like the egg surface, and although not as strong as gloss paint, this type can be washed to remove traces of finger stick.
- Metallic paint finish can be used on wood and room heater. There are also specially formulated paint for household appliances, such as refrigerators, to make it look like new. Some metallic emulsion can also be used for walls and ceilings.
- Gloss paint finish is the trend today, looking smooth and luminous, but not too shiny. Installation of glossy plaster should be done by experts.
- Textured paint finish can be used for walls and ceiling, especially if the original surface is less smooth. Some paints are equipped with “additional material” is done by using a brush or be textured with special tools. Most textured paint finish, difficult to remove. Therefore, if you plan to frequently change the decor, you should install textured paint finish first, before coating with emulsion paint. Thus, the texture will be more easily removed by peeling tool that uses steam, if necessary.
How to Calculate the Quantity of Paint for Home Exterior and Interior
To calculate the amount of paint needed, simple, just calculate the length and height of the wall, and then multiply both measures after in the area to be painted. No need to reduce the windows or doors area. The labels on paint cans will inform the average power coats. However, the walls were heavily textured or highly porous could be very “thirsty”, so double the quantity of paint. The walls were dark would need more paint, rather than a wall whose surface is bright with paint similar or darker color.
Provide sufficient paint and make sure that the paint is a result of the same mixture. It can be done by checking the serial number on the paint cans. The color can be very diverse, but with the presence of serial numbers will still be found.
So, that is wall paint ideas to create perfect home wall decor. Hopefully, this article can helpful for the readers. Thank you for visit our blog. Do not forget to share this article for helpful the others readers.